Friday, January 1, 2010

$ingle lady #2

B convinced me to also sign up for the free weekend on eHarmony.com. And by convinced I mean she said "eHarmony is free until Sunday" and I immediately did not want to be left out, as someone embracing and cultivating my inner single lady status for the past 6 months. And blog about it? BONUS. I wasn't totally prepared to respond over and over that no, I wasn't kind, romantic or caring. My favorite movie is Terminator 2 and when I was asked to list what I was passionate about I literally typed in "The 3 F's: football, fashion and the pharmaceutical industry." If someone can love me for that, I'll offically be a believer in online dating.

As I got closer and closer to being 100% complete (a few hours later...), I got a bit nervous. Would I get murdered? Stalked? What would my parents think? I quickly gchatted my work spouse to get his opinion:

me:
its free communication weekend on eharmony
i just made a profile
am i going to get murdered?
Michael: Murdered no
Ridiculed yes


His reaction was expected. But, I decided that online dating is no longer taboo since my pastor was talking last week about a couple he will be marrying who met online. If it's acceptable in church, how bad could it be...



No comments:

Post a Comment