Saturday, January 2, 2010

$ingle lady #2: Reasons for dismissal

I am finding that I am turned off easily and for a myriad of reasons. Every comma, semicolon (if only someone WOULD use a semicolon correctly, I'd be instantly in love), or emoticon (barf) means something so much more. Here's a peak into my decision-making process:

Paul: Likes woodworking...no need to explain this one.

Jeffrey: 5 foot 6...and can't live without the US constitution...seriously?

Eric: Steelers fan...and the ever-popular "If you want to know something, just ask." I'll keep that in mind.

John: Afraid of the dark, uses :) and LOL. Peace. Out.

Trevor: Nothing too egregious, but likes fly fishing. I don't think I'd look great in those pants.

Peter: Basically admitted that his friends use him for concert tickets since he works at Nissan Pavillion...since I've already seen Kelly Clarkson there, I can't think of a reason I'd need to go back.

Michael #1: Likes! To! Use! Exclamations! And another fly fisherman? Have I missed something?

Doug: Will bake his friends cookies if they are upset. I'm concerned he might be on the wrong type of dating site.

David: Re-reading his profile, I'm not sure why I didn't like this guy. But I'm sure there was a reason.

Dan: Looks normal overall, but from Philadelphia. I'm just too nervous about the potential accent (coming from someone from NJ, perhaps I'm being too hard on him).

Daniel: * ~ * :) ...and has diabeetus.

Jimmy: I'm told by my friends E and A that I can't like this one simply because of his name. It's true that we've been using the term "Jim" for the past 5 years as an adjective to describe anything lame, ugly, ghetto or generally terrible, following an incident with a boy named "Jimmy" in Wal-mart.

Now for a few positives:

Steve: Sports sports sports. Yes please.

Michael #2: The first to really catch my attention, being funny rather than just claiming to be sarcastic. Interests: "THE Ohio State Buckeyes." My friend E and I like to say we are "pretty big" Ohio State fans, although I'm pretty sure this started as a joke. Then this statement: "I think the most important quality that I am looking for in a partner is that they be awesome." I couldn't agree more. And finally, he tells me, that I should know he is "adamantly against genocide" and that if I plan to systematically kill a large group of people, I should move on.

Matt: From Kentucky, and in this case I'm excited for the potential accent. Likes to ski. A risk-taker. His example? Declining optional rental car insurance. I may have giggled.

So there you have it! I'm sure that love is just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. I just learned about this blog from Katie on Friday, but didn't have a chance to look at it over the weekend. Now I'm addicted. Obviously I have to start at the beginning and read every post so this is really cutting into my work day. I'm a great new employee.

    ReplyDelete