Wednesday, March 10, 2010

$ingle lady #2 and the work trip

Enter the work trip and the out-of-town $ingle lady. How is she supposed to cultivate and nurture a budding eHarmony romance when she is MIA for 9 days? It is $ingle lady #2's eternal struggle: "absence makes the heart grow fonder" VS. "out of sight, out of mind." It's a delicate balance really. I contend that after only 1-2 dates, you will know if this is a person you care to see again. But if you don't see them for Date #3 after 2 weeks, this romance can easily fizzle out. You need time to ignite the spark so that the flame, dull as it may be, can continue burning despite a 9-day hiatus.

So, yeah, I'm out of town for work. BUT I'm also staying with my wonderful friend and we are having a lesbian-good-time. AND this weekend I have a bridal shower and bachelorette party. So if the CC flame fizzles, I'll get over it. After all, he's not packing me delicious lunches including greek yogurt and Yodels (apparently they are called Swiss Rolls when you aren't from NJ) or cooking me salmon with butternut squash for dinner...my lovely host is doing these things.

However since CC did take me to two dinners (and pay for me), I told him that I owed him a delicious dinner. He said he would hold me to it, so we'll see. I hope I get the opportunity to play Giada and prance around in my apron...maybe I'll even make $L#6's fifth date chicken!

Loving my temporary window office,
$L#2

2 comments:

  1. I think you mean "lesbi-good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm butting up against the 5th date - is it time to break out the chicken? is it as romantic if we're balancing said Anthropologie plates on our laps sitting side by side on my "couch?"

    ReplyDelete