Wednesday, March 31, 2010

$ingle Lady #1: Role Rever$al

Usually, I'm the $hady one. Weird stuff happens to me, not just in dating, but in life in general. I always survive, and it's usually funny, so it's NBD (if you're 14 you know what that means, for the rest of us...no big deal). But while $L#2 appears to have gone off the deep end (seriously?!?! you brought a stranger home?! I'm not even a Mom reading this and I was horrified...), I'm shifting quickly into the world of being a Grown Up. Lawyerboy has officially transitioned into being my Internet Man Friend (my "imf" - there, if that's not changing names to protect the innocent, I don't know what is) by the following criteria:
  • I invited him to Easter brunch at my friend's apt, which will be all couples (eek!)
  • In reciprocation, he invited me to his rooftop Friday night to grill/hang out with his friends
  • I got called out by a coworker for going $peed Dating tonight since I "have a boyfriend"
Bah. Fortunately, my Mom knows me better:

Mom: i'm assuming you don't want him to come to dinner with [uncle] and me
Me: no absolutely not
Me: you wouldnt even know about him if i didnt write a blog

In an unrelated note, I finally completed the post-it I've had on my desk since Jan 5, telling me to "cancel eH" since there's some sort of automatic renewal clause. I found out it's harder to cancel than a credit card...particularly if you check "Single and still looking" as your current $tatus. "But wait!" they implore, "You haven't yet found true love!" They throw quote after quote at you from far reaching members of eHarmz who took over a year, but are sure glad they stuck around to find their soulmate. They convinced me to wait until April 5 when my membership really runs out just in case these next 7 days turn my $ingle $tatus upside down. Now an even bigger, and more imploring post-it decorates my desk "Apr 5, CANCEL eH." Double. Underlined.

xo,
$L#1

6 comments:

  1. The funny thing is, I was so horrified that she wasn't going to return the tie, it didn't even occur to me until much, much later that she'd done an unsafe thing by letting him sleep in her apartment. And if you want to invite Lawyerboy to dinner with us, he's welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my fault that he wore his favorite tie for our date. If it was so favorite he should not have left it behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, wait, Sherilyn/$L#2 - are you REALLY not returning his tie?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shit, man, I've been away for a week and this is all that happened? he's been to your place and left his tie? I better back track. Geez louiz. and is anne going to nyc? have you noticed i've given up capitals?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots has happened sarah! and no comment on the tie, but yes, anne is coming to new york, and it's doubtful she'll meet lawyerboy, despite the significant ground he's covered meeting my friends...

    ReplyDelete
  6. But would you let him meet me?

    ReplyDelete