Monday, March 29, 2010

$ingle lady #2: another day, another date

Now that I have finally made it back to DC, I have a date tonight with CCC (cookie crisp classmate). I am wearing a dress from Banana Republic and some patent leather shoes to wick away the rain. We are going somewhere that looks to have a fabulous beer selection, so I approve of his choice.

I feel like quite a veteran blind-dater these days, as $ingle ladiez 5 and 6 have asked me for advice. The most pressing question? "Do I shake his hand?" I realized that I never really thought about what I do when we meet - I know that CC gave me a big hug, and for some reason it worked. But the others involved no handshake, hug or touching of any kind (my preference, as someone adverse to hugging).

I've also discovered that I'm bad at multi-tasking with these guys. There was another, who I thought I liked and was talking to before CCC came along. But as soon as he did, I couldn't be bothered to answer anyone else. I had two messages this weekend saying "Hope I didn't scare you off :o)" (god that emoticon...) and "Hey how was your race?" from another who I realized I left hanging. I think I'm ready for my membership to end. But I still want to blog!

$L#2

No comments:

Post a Comment