Tuesday, March 23, 2010

$ingle lady #2: Hi, my name is $ingle lady #2...sincerely, $ingle lady #2

I've had an onslaught of straight-to-email requests in the past few days. eHarmony discourages, and I'm starting to think they may have a point. I kind of like taking the normal path, reading their cosmo quizzes, must haves, and seeing what kind of open-ended questions/answers they can craft.

The email invitation strategies, have been varied, though:

-"Hi how are you!" ...umm what kind of response were you expecting? "Good, how are you?" This could on for approximately 12 weeks before I uncover his favorite color.

-"Um, hi, I just wanted to say that you're pretty haha and just wanted to say hi and just wanted to say that I'd like to get to know you haha." ...If you just wanted to say it, JUST SAY IT! Grow a pair.

-"Hi my name is John and I think we'd get along. My # is XX and my email is XX. Thanks, John" ...a) I know your name is John it's all over your profile and b) eeeeeassy there cowboy.

-"What are the top ten things I should know about you?" ....Ten? Let's not be greedy. Although, here is what I'd like to say:

1. I've bitten my nails since I was 2. I may have found the cure thanks to OPI Axxium Gel Polish.
2. I love skinny people and would love to be one. Like, really skinny.
3. Unfortunately, I love cheeb's too much to achieve #2.
4. I am writing a blog about you.
5. I am addicted to shopping, which I got from my mom, which she got from my grandmother.
6. I don't want a boy who is sensitive. Don't cry.
7. The way to my heart is through Nike Air Cole Haan shoes.
8. While I love my job, I'm pretty sure I'd love to have a collection of aprons and spend my day like June Cleaver.
9. When I read the questions that screen for alcoholism on questionnaires I administer at work, I get concerned about my behavior.
10. No, really, I'm writing a blog about you right now.

What do you think - send?

No comments:

Post a Comment