Thursday, January 21, 2010

$ingle lady #2 - How to pregame for your date

It’s official – I have one eHarmony date under my belt. It also happened to be completely impromptu. I also happened to have 4 rum and diet cokes before it started, and I also happened to have another guy with me on the date. I’ll elaborate:


Steve sent a text saying that he had just gotten out of work, and could we get drinks tomorrow? Well considering I am already double-booked with Ben and lobby boy for tonight, that simply would not do. So I said, I am at happy hour right now if you’d like to join, and he did. I was with my friends K and R, but Steve took a while and by the time he arrived, I had been at happy hour for three hours. Wooops. And K left when he arrived, leaving me with my first eH date and R along as the third wheel - I hope he had fun. I guess it went fine but I’m sure I talked too much (rum and diets have that effect on me), and today I’m sporting a killer headache.


On to tonight’s date! Ben and I will be meeting at 8pm, so I wore one of my best ‘sexual professional’ outfits to work today. I’m currently crafting my get-out-of-CPK-with-lobby-boy text; hopefully he will understand that Ben is cuter and for the blog, eH dates have to take precedence over guys I meet in real life. I was told that I should try to have two dates in one night (would lobby boy care to catch a 5:30pm dinner at Olive Garden?) but I don’t think I’m ready for that kind of Sex and the City move (remember when Charlotte does two dates in one night but gets caught? Yikes).


Off to find some Advil,

$L#2

1 comment: