Sunday, January 17, 2010

$ingle lady #2: Had I known this would lead to dates...

This weekend I left the comfort of my eHarmony profile and tried to be a Jersey Shore cast member, meaning that I was doing a lot of "creeping." When our friend took a tumble down the stairs and had to go to the ER for some head staples, my friend R and I decided that was our cue to leave and go to the bar. After we arrived back home I met some hunnies in the lobby and I got a call from one of them today. After playing his voicemail on speakerphone ("Hi, this is Ryan from Friday night...we met in the lobby." Yipes, I'm embarrassing), my friends informed me that it was a good message and I should definitely call him back for a date (he said he really wanted to take me to California Pizza Kitchen). I on the other hand, disagreed wholeheartedly. Did you hear the way he said his NAME? And WHY did he leave his number twice when I can clearly see it on my Bberry? And since I'm pretty sure I'm not in 8th grade, I don't want to go to CPK.

Apparently I'm too picky, and I realized it's because I don't really feel like dating. I don't feel like meeting new people. I don't feel like going to California Pizza Kitchen. I don't feel like telling 5 different guys the same things about me. I love hot dogs, I don't recycle, I like skinny celebrities, blah blah blah...(I guess in theory I'd be finding out new things about them, but that also sounds boring.)

Anyway, none of this applies to Ben because he is hot, and while writing this post he sent me a message and it looks like we will meet up this week. Also an in-person meeting with Steve seems to be on the horizon. I'm having trouble keeping all these cyber and real-life men straight...and considering that I don't even want to go dates, I may have accidentally triple booked myself for tomorrow.

-$ingle lady #2


No comments:

Post a Comment