Tuesday, January 19, 2010

$ingle lady #2, please report to the principal's office

Today I am slightly annoyed at eHarmony. They scolded me! AND some freak match of mine named Jeff who I had already forgotten about, is the one who got me in trouble. Below is the email I received from eH:

"Jeff has requested that we "nudge" you because you have not responded to his latest request for communication. "Nudge" is a friendly way of saying "I am very interested in getting to know you better, please login and start communicating with me."

To maximize your experience with eHarmony, we recommend that you communicate with every match that you receive. Many of our successful couples almost passed each other by because of something they read. By communicating with every match regardless of initial impressions, they found their soul mate."

Nudged! I was NUDGED! Really? I promptly closed Jeff for being so damn pushy and for tattling on me. But Jeff isn't the only one - Andre also sent me a message to say that he hadn't heard from me and was hoping I'd respond. I toyed with closing him as well for being impatient but haven't so far. But back to eHarmony's email. Are they serious? I'm supposed to communicate with every match they send me? Please keep in mind that I get no less than 10 per day. This is like a full-time job. And they can forget about me communicating with the woof-ers. And I feel like they are bullying me - your soul mate is one of these guys and with one swift click of the mouse you might lose him forever!! Give me a break.

But joking aside, I think that eH is confused about why their system works. In my opinion, the system works because everyone on there wants to be in a relationship, which means you've eliminated half the battle. Haven't we all met a great guy who we got along with so well, but he didn't want to be tied down to one girl? Maybe if he had been interested in settling down, we would have lived happily ever after and made our friends barf making claims that we were "soul mates."

xoxo, sl2

No comments:

Post a Comment