Friday, January 22, 2010

$ingle lady #2's first big girl date

So much to discuss today, I don't know where to begin. This blog is going to be helpful because when I signed into gchat this morning (at the crack of 10am when I arrived at work), I had 5 chats immediately, asking: "Soooo???" "How was the date?" "How'd it go?"...you get the picture. From now on, I'm just going to reply: read the blog. So, here we go.

1. The Ben Date (TBD): TBD went very well, partly because I wasn't blottoed before it began (blottoed is a great synonym for drunk, brought to you by my bff E's dad, if you don't currently use it). B had suggested we go to Georgetown because it would be the best place to avoid the "who's going to cross the river drama." If you live in the DC area you know this is a great way to describe the eternal DC/Arlington struggle. I actually ran into B before we got into the restaurant, as we parked our cars near each other. We talked by the bar for about two hours (he had three beers and I had two, in hopes of tricking him into thinking I'm not an alcoholic). If I had to rate the awkwardness of the conversation on a scale of 1 to being stuck in a room with the IT guy at work, I'd give it a solid 2. He wasn't quite as Slampiece in person (I think he stacked his profile with tan summer shots), but still good looking and I could tell some rippling biceps were hidden under his button-down. He paid for our 5 beers and offered to walk me the extra 50 steps to my car. Good work. I have lots of good tidbits I learned about eH on our date, but I will save them for my next post.

2. The Steve Situation (TSS...hehe): I thought that TSS may be over following my drunken triple date with him, but he was not deterred. Some 20 minutes ago I recieved a text saying, he had fun the other night (fo realz?) and what am I up to this weekend. Yipes.

3. Lobby boy (LB): LB bought my excuse that I went home for my sister's bday a day early and we will reschedule for next week. He sent me several run-on text messages (literally stream of conciousness texting) that left me dreaming of a comma. But looks like we're on for Wed. of next week and "he hears CPK is great on Wednesdays." I can't make this shit up.

Two dates in the books. $L#1 and #3 better get serious.

-le deux

No comments:

Post a Comment