Friday, February 26, 2010

$ingle Lady #1 Elaborates

Realized this morning from the massive amounts of feedback that the post last night was a totally inadequate description of the date. Overall, I'd give the actual date a solid A-. It was a little awkward to begin with, because you spend the first half of the date totally ignoring the fact that you came to be there through the Worldwide Web. Then, one or the other makes a comment about it and all the awkwardness goes out the window as you laugh and joke about how weird the whole process is. But overall, conversation flowed naturally, he and I bantered well, and I really feel like he got a good read on my overall energy and personality. (Plus, bonus points for my well-executed professional-but-not-stuffy-since-I-work-in-a-creative-industry outfit. Yes, it was a group effort).

He gets two very solid plus 5s. One, because when I told him what I do, his follow up comment was, "Oh, I just bought Dove yesterday." I squealed with delight (which was apparently, my minus), and immediately hearted him. Then launched into the spiel about how he should next buy Dove Men+Care because "he's a man." Two, because in the midst of telling him I'm training for a half-marathon (side bar: he ran in college...in fact, was supposed to run D1, then had a horrific injury his junior year which should have stalled his whole career, got dumped by D1, still wooed by D3 and ended up getting an acceptance letter handed to him on his coaches visit. He didn't even have to apply, lucky ba$tard, and had he overcome and made it to the Olympics he totally would have had a one-on-one sitdown with Natalie Morales), I told him how lovely it was to train in Mexico where the trainers would come by every 5 minutes with lemon-infused water and a cold towel. Response: "I have the best idea. Me and my friends will rent a golf cart and drive next to you while you run, pouring you lemon-infused water and handing you cold towels." Hearted him more. One the one hand, come on, that would just be awesome, and on the other, he used the words "me," "you," and "my friends" all in one statement.

Needless to say, he didn't hit the noon deadline. I find myself blissfully unconcerned. The deadline is arbitrary, and truthfully, if I was a dood I wouldn't follow-up-first-date text on a Friday morning. That leaves wayyy to much open about the next date day. Friday and Saturday second dates from the Internet are aggressive. I'm expecting a Sunday or Monday follow up, maybe setting up drinks or dinner next week.

And if he doesn't, eager-beaver Wesley is still on my open list ;-)

xo,
$L#1

1 comment:

  1. He offered to pour you lemon-infused water and hand you cold towels from a golf cart as you run? How cute is that? If you don't hear from him, DEFINITELY follow up with a text of your own. You're going to want that lemon-infused water when you run.

    ReplyDelete