Monday, February 22, 2010

$ingle lady #2 tries really hard to talk just the right amount

I had a feeling that my C.Creme date was going to go well. After being put to sleep by my not-so-dreamboat-date on Friday night, I felt I paid my bad date dues. And I was right! The date was lovely. As a result, I find myself at a loss for what to write in this post. I can get down with ranting rage blackout posts where I complain and vent, but who wants to hear about how magical a date was? About how he loves to play golf, wear designer jeans, have brunch with his parents, go to church, drink and dance too much, gchat the day away and just be generally hilarious and adorable? See this post sucks already.

So I'll keep you updated on that, but let's move on to something else. What to do about Friday night date? By 11am Saturday morning I had a text that he 'had a great time and hopes we can do it again soon.' As this isn't really a direct invitation, I'm not sure what to do with it. There's nothing to decline or the need to make an excuse. If I agreed I'd just write back: "Me too" etc. etc. But I didn't. Here are some other responses that I've thought of, although I'm currently going the 'ignore' route:

Response #1: Actually, I was pretty bored to tears and am surprised you weren't as well. Were we on the same date?
Response #2: It was nice to meet you too but I don't see another date in our future.
Response #3: Sorry but I just met the Rice Crispy Treat of my dreams.
Response #4: I'm concerned that your busy schedule as a park ranger will not lend itself well to a relationship.

xoxo,
#2 taking over the blog again

No comments:

Post a Comment