Tuesday, February 23, 2010

$ingle Lady #1: First first date lockdown?

Soo looks like it's really going to happen. First first date w/lawyerboy is "set" for tomorrow. This time, he nailed down the time and place days in advance. A+ for being trainable. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous. The last time I had a real First Date with someone I honestly had never met before was last Fall, when I went on a few dates with a guy who was in my phone as J___ Gin Mill (fellow New Yorkers will understand the significance of meeting a guy there). After a date or two I did learn his real last name, but never bothered to change it in my phone. Maybe that was the first sign...

If pressed, I would say I'm probably a good first date. But, that's really only because I'm an excellent first date from my point of view. Like $L#2, I'm a T.A.L.K.E.R. Times a thousand. I could literally talk to a brick wall for 2 hours, and walk away thinking how fantastic it was. Therefore, no matter what, I know I'LL have fun on this date tomorrow. I can talk about sports, pop culture (scratch that, he's not a pop culture follower...), books, movies, enough about politics and world events.... We'll find common interests. We'll be able to laugh and talk about how awkward eHarmony dating is. and about the crazy hours at our jobs. Sounds like a great date to me! Stay tuned for his reaction... Must remember to take breaths between sentences to let him get a word in.

Weird result of Internet Dating #557: There is homework the night before the date. I've reviewed over 500 profiles. I'm in communication with 21 guys. I'm in email open communication with 6. It's hard to keep track of which guy's photo was on the Wall of China, and who was in front of the Eiffel Tower. Therefore, I'm spending the next 20 minutes studying his Cosmo quiz questions, Must Haves, Essays and Emails. I didn't do this much work in school!

Stay tuned...you'll either get a snooze, a lonng rant, or a few light sentences about how great it was...because $L#2 is right. The good guys just aren't fun to write or read about.

xo,
$L#1

2 comments:

  1. i disagree. i think the good ones ARE interesting and fun to read about - and gives the rest of the $ingle ladiez out there some hope that eharmz isn't just a waste of time spent woof-ing at the uglies. seriously. no need to gush over tiny details or every second, but mentioning how he held the door for you or brought you a flower or offered to take your coat are all totally cute and worth writing/reading about. (also it keeps you from sounding/BEING totally bitter and jaded. that gives you wrinkles.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, when I went out on Friday I spotted my date but had to wait at least 30 seconds to approach him because for the life of me, I could not remember his name...

    ReplyDelete