Tuesday, February 23, 2010

$ingle lady #5: I shouldn't admit this but...

I am not a fan of showering on weekends unless I'm going out. Strike that, I'm just not a fan of showering unless I will be around some slampiece or going somewhere that really matters like work. One time in college I went a whole 6 days not showering. However, I've changed my mind on this sitch. One of my birthday gifts from the parents included a lotion/shower gel combo from Fresh that is delightfully scented Sugar Lemon. I also got Bumble Bumble Alojoba 'poo and conditioner. These products smell so awesome that I have regained full interest in showering. Not only have I taken to smelling wonderful, I but I have also began partaking in girl rituals involving the painting of my nails, application of makeup everyday, nightly facial masks and the brushing of my hair not once but twice a day. I smell lovely; really, I can't stop sniffing my hair and skin.

This post makes my former self seem so unhygenic and butch. Don't get me wrong- I shower every day for work and I shower on the weekends if I go out. However, I didn't really go the extra mile...until today. The point of my post is that we should all these little things, these girly traditions that make us feel great and look great. Although it seems stupid and minute, I do think it makes a difference. It makes us feel put together and therefore act with confidence and sass.

Ok enough of this Cosmogirl of the Year shizzzzz. I'm gonna go apply some Lemon Lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment