Monday, February 1, 2010

$ingle lady #2: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Am I the only person without an answer to this question? It's a question I've been asked on eH two times now, and it also came up on my regular life date #2 with LB (solidifying the idea that dates are nothing more than interviews with wine). I don't like this question. I don't like to play this game. To me, it's no different than games of make-believe I played when I was in 8th grade. I don't know where I'll be in 10 years, and I can't bring myself to speculate because what's the point? I have career goals, don't get me wrong. But as a $ingle lady, I refuse to 'plan' to be married with 2 kids by the time I'm 35. How can you plan on something that is totally based on whether or not you meet someone you want to marry? How can I 'plan' to move to a house in the suburbs with a white picket fence and a dog, when I might meet someone with whom I'd rather have a condo in the city?

Maybe this point of view is why I'm no good for eH. Maybe eH is for people who have their 10-year plan and just need someone to insert into the significant other blank. And maybe I'll change my tune in 7 years when I really have to worry about my old eggs.

Some updates:
-Andre is sooo pushy: "Just dropping by to say hi, hope you didn't forget about me!" Close.
-Ben is MIA
-A ginger match is now on my gchat list which makes me really nervous
-A match named Pete shares my love of Giada
-Grammar boy must have been scared off by my grammary message
-eH is getting sick of me and no longer sends me new matches every day

Kisses,
$L#2

No comments:

Post a Comment