Friday, February 5, 2010

$ingle Lady #1: Secret fantasy comes true!

Ok, it didn't come true for me. And it's not even whatever is running through your dirty mind right now.

$L#2 and I have discussed at length the mysteries of the Close Communication button. Are we too shallow when we close everyone who is "woof" or short? At what point do we owe someone an explanation for the close above and beyond "Other?" Once we ourselves are Closed, we agonize of what minutiae of our profile told this person that we weren't meant to spend the rest of our lives together. Secretly, everyone wants to take advantage of the tempting "Send Final Message" button, but no self-respecting person actually does. Except Eric. I received this email yesterday from eHarmz: "At some point in the past you decided to close your match, Eric from Astoria, New York, United States. Eric has taken advantage of an opportunity to send you this message:

I really felt that we had potential. I'd like you to reconsider.

You may re-open this match by going to your Closed Matches page and clicking "Re-Open" next to Eric's name. If you would like to keep this match closed, you do not need to do anything."

I'm intrigued! Everyone wants to be chased. I clicked on his profile (since clearly, as an Internet Dating Slut I have absolutely no recollection of him by name alone...I think he's my 5th Eric?) to figure out why I'd so hastily closed him in the first place. Sadly, Eric from Astoria is 5'5" and that's a dealbreaker. Apparently, there's no room for rebuttal unless I re-open him, as I'd like to be able to return with "You seem like a nice enough guy, but you'll only come up to my elbow. Sorry." If you're reading this Eric - please see above.

Also, David opened communication with me today. I reviewed his profile...decent looking, banker-type, Brooklyn (minus 1), and 5'7" (minus 50). My hand hovered over the "Close" button when I noticed a teensy detail that may override my ultimate dealbreaker. He. also. can't. live. without the Buffalo Bills / Sabres. Fate!! What's the etiquette for Communicating with someone "Looking for: a companion" with the sole purpose of friendship?

Still no word from Hottie McHotterson. Ugh. He now has 6 days of me not obsessing as I lay on the beach in Mexico with my fam. Don't worry - I'll still blog about my misadventures getting picked up by 14 year olds on February Break.

Ta ta for now!

$L#1

No comments:

Post a Comment