Wednesday, January 13, 2010

$ingle Lady #1: Small Step for Internet Dating, Big Step for $L#1

I did it. Tore into open emailing like ripping off a bandaid. While I'm still toying with the idea of inviting both Dustin and Alan to the same bar, same time to make sure it's not one creeper, I decided it was finally time to push forward. So far, I've been happy to passively accept questions and answers without really having to think. It's amazing how much Communicating you can do without actually saying anything.

I've sent my first real message to Dustin, 28, New York, United States (and one-half of the Dustin-Alan Duo). Easy and breezy (another 2010 resolutions) I bantered about restaurants and football and trashy TV (I swear, he asked for it!), and asked him questions about his Broncos fandom (a habit we'll have to break) and his own self-admitted Bravo addiction. To placate the Moral Compasses, I closed with a note about how I needed to be honest, and still wasn't sure how I felt about internet dating. How's that for easy breezy? Now I have to start keeping better track, as now the back-and-forth one-at-a-time format has been abandoned. Apparently, eH has decided we're responsible enough to communicate unrestricted.

In a totally separate side note, someone has FINALLY not answered "respect" in my test question "What would you rather have the most of: money, power, respect, or fame." Everyone answers respect, because whether it's true or not, very few people have the guile to put anything but. Tim, 25, Brooklyn, thinks all are intrinsic to power, so he goes with that, which is totally my answer, so plus 1 for him. He also has ridiculous blue eyes, so I guess plus 2.

$L#2 and I have both hit our first major creepy roadblocks in the voyage of e-harmonizing. Thus far, I'm not deterred, but I may take an extra body guard (posing as a tourist) when these turn into real dates!

Also - to respond to some "fan" posts...Sarah - appreciate the solidarity. I'll let them know to watch out when I actually date them, and J - I don't think I specified race as an important match critera, but so far all have been Caucasian.

Stay tuned!

xo,
$ingle Lady #1

No comments:

Post a Comment