Tuesday, January 12, 2010

$ingle lady #2: The realm of normalcy

Today has been pretty productive so far. I feel like poo and am home sick. So far, I've received two eH messages (ones I want, that is), as well as finished season one of The Wire.

On to the messages! Ben has reciprocated with a message even sassier than mine. And while I admire his skill in the flirtatious writing department, I fear I'm still at least two coy messages away from an actual date invitation.

Steve, on the other hand, is forging ahead. He told me about his drunken weekend celebrating his 26th birthday (which among the 31-year-olds who like to spend Saturday mornings produce shopping at the local market, is just fine with me), and asked if I'd like to get a drink this week and "move this into the realm of normalcy." The message was nicely concluded with his digits. Luckily I included "I hate talking on the phone" as a fact about myself in our earlier correspondence, so he shouldn't be expecting anything more than a text (although my preferred medium of courting males is gchat).

I'm wondering how long is appropriate to wait to respond to these messages...in real life I feel it's necessary to wait a bit, don't seem to desperate SL#2!! And I've been trying to play "hard to get" on eH as well. As soon as the thought entered my head and I typed the words, I had to laugh...I mean it's the mother of all oxymorons. Guess what Steve and Ben - I'm not hard to get...I'm internet dating.

rollin out,
$L2

No comments:

Post a Comment