Wednesday, January 27, 2010

$ingle Lady #1: You get what you pay for?

I hope so. Today was one of those days. Actually, just one of those last-few-hours. I've had a sore throat for about 6 days now. Finally, as my coworkers got more and more nervous of the onset of the plague, I took myself to the doctor. Not a "real" doctor, but a 24-hour magic clinic that you can just walk into anytime. However, when you walk in at 10:30 pm, you get what you pay for. (Meanwhile, about an hour prior, I was on my way to the clinic when the heel broke off my boot. Relevance noted later). A mean doctor came in, ignored my smiling face, and told me I don't have strep (I know), and that I probably just have a cold. I told him a sore throat is not my usual symptom (disgustingly, my Symptom is an extremely watery right eye, which I rub incessantly, so everyone thinks I have pink eye instead of a cold), to which he replied sarcastically that I couldn't possibly have had every symptom I'll ever have in my long 24 years. Treat me like a teenager, and I'll revert to one, so like any good tired and cranky snotty 15-year-old, I pouted. At first I was pissed when he asked me if I was sad he didn't give me any drugs. Then I remembered what time it was.

Last month Real Simple magazine did a comparison of the top internet dating sites. Sadly (for me, who had already hit "Send" on that 3-months-upfront commitment), eHarmnony was the most expensive, and had the least amount of members. Here's hoping - you get what you pay for.

Italian Stallion has dropped off the face of the earth again. Maybe he's back in anger management classes. Date with lawyer (code name needed) is tentatively on for Friday night (eek! actual date night! Dating is weird...). Sadly, my Perfect Outfit is already ruined by the broken boots. :( I've already scheduled plans for 8:30ish (which he knows) so that I can immediately go download my chaperon duo - Witness and JWoww. It also gives me a face save if he cancels so I'm not sitting home alone watching The Biggest Loser. Stay tuned!

xo,
$L#1

No comments:

Post a Comment