Friday, January 29, 2010

$ingle Lady #1: Where for art thou $ingle Lady #1?

I've been MIA, I know (although thanks for the public call-out $L#2 ;)). Mostly, I've been busy at work, but alas I'm also horrified to report that not only did Chris have to cancel tonight (after I rush overnight fixed those boots too! Perfect date outfit is still on, be it only for the benefit of my Starbucks barrista this morning), but he's out of town "deposing" all next week (sounds dirty, but since we don't know each other, I didn't think I could comment on that yet in our correspondence), and I'm out of town on vacation the following week. Our blossoming romance could not join a face-to-face reality until post-V-day. Oh the horror. No wonder you have to pay for 3 months up front!

I'm in the eHarmony "free open email" communication with 5 men. Surely one of them will culminate in a date, as I didn't pay this much to practice my witty email-writing skills. This leaves me embarrassed to admit, that it's currently:

Internet Dating: 1
$ingle Lady #1: 0

Team is down as we near the end of the first period. With two remaining (thirds? Football is so much easier of a reference...note to eHarmz, please offer a 4 month membership...), it's time to call up the reserves before the Chris-and-$L#1 Romance turns into a romcom called "Dear John."

Love and missed you,
$L#1

No comments:

Post a Comment