Thursday, January 28, 2010

$ingle lady #2: Republican dream date

To start, I just want to say that I'm really excited that I'm finally living life the way Zach Morris intended: dates with different people every night. My date with LB was nothing short of a right-winger's dream, starting with him picking me up at my apartment in his work suit complete with American flag pin, and opening the door for me. We chatted about our similar interests (a good 20 minutes reviewing each golf club we carry), family backgrounds (moms who ask us if we went to church), and I informed him of my "life skills that I do not posses" listed in an earlier post. He did point out that while I claim to hate talking to people so much, I can't be too shy considering I flagged him down in my friend's lobby - touche. Before I even had time to post, he contacted me to say he had a great time (as K likes to say - why wouldn't he?) and ask me out on date #2 for this weekend. LB doesn't waste any time.

I've started reading the eHarmz articles posted around the dating profiles, mostly for their comedic value...there was one today about how to make a killer first impression (people decide if they like you in the first 2 seconds blah blah blah) and most were to be expected - don't dress like you're homeless, have good posture, etc. But others were new:

"Move more slowly than usual. People who move fractionally more slowly than others tend to get noticed and come across as sexy. Get into the habit so it becomes natural: otherwise don't bother." I'll be practicing my sloth every night.

"Third, smile with genuine enjoyment. (Here’s a way to do that. Practice saying the word “great” over and over in a mirror using crazy voices until you feel like a giant idiot or you crack up – then say it under your breath to yourself as you approach people. I guarantee you’ll be smiling.) A smile sends a signal that you’re happy and confident." Are there really people out there who need to practice how to smile? And then you have to mumble to yourself like a crazy person? I think I'll stick to thinking of Peyton Manning pegging small children in the back with a football as my go-t0 mental image for a laugh.

This is the picture with the article; I'm not sure what kind of impression this girl's sleepy look makes (maybe she was going for 'bedroom eyes').




-$L#2

No comments:

Post a Comment