Wednesday, February 17, 2010

$ingle lady #2 - the funny boys come out to play!

Great news, Cookie Crisp and I are in love. I'm not sure if he knows it yet, but I think he does. I mean, he ALSO hates grammar mistakes, citing a Harvard lawyer for a father and English major mother. THEN he goes on to give an example of a grammar error he received just yesterday that said "Just ask for Jim or I when you get there." Picturing his cute little face just steaming over this egregious error makes me smile. But, enter dilemma: Crispin has the SAME error in his eH profile, as he has captioned a picture with "My sister and I." What do I do? Let it go, or start a friendly grammar debate? I was really trying to change, after what happened with LB and my unfortunate inability to be nice, and with Ben and my unfortunate inability to shut up. I probably should have gone with a flirty response, NOT pointing out that he had committed the faux pas of which he just accused "I" of the "Jim or I" combo. But if you know me, you know I told him. If I didn't it would just stew inside of me and on our first meeting at Clydes I'd be all "Hi it's so nice to meet you, now I've been DYING to talk to you in person about those picture captions..."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Waffle Crisp can handle it. We have exactly everything in common. He LOVES Bill O'Reilly - I love Bill O'Reilly! He wants to build a golf course - me too! He wants to own a professional sports team - what are the odds?! (Okay I just want to do that so they have to let me be a cheerleader, but whatever.)

Oh yes, the title of this post. Pete is funny too. Pete has asked me to go for a drink this weekend. Good work, Pete. An example of his funny-ness: "Enforcing the law, it is a real hoot. In my current position I pretty much do three things; 1) Wear a uniform that makes me look like I should be tried for war crimes at The Hague. 2) Wear mirrored aviator sunglasses, no matter the weather or the time of day. 3) Keep it real." Anyone who uses the term "hoot" is A-okay in my book.

L8r,
$L#2

PS hahah Wesley really gets around!

PPS I must share this quote from a real eHarmony profile in the "most thankful" section: "I am thankful for going to Penn State and getting a rally good education." Closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment