Saturday, February 20, 2010

$ingle Lady #1 is limited by her options...

I'm going to defend all the doods who have sent lame Final Messages to all the $ingle Ladies. I tried for the first time today to send one. I assumed it was like an email - free form communication, where I could rationally put forth my argument for why we should continue to pursue our budding computer relationship. Nope. Instead, you get 5 choices from which to select why you'd like them to reconsider, all sounding more desperate than the last.

"I have now posted my photo and when it is approved it will be available to you." (Translation: I've finally found a Google Image model that looks like a super hot version of me so you'll choose to meet me, and then can't be too pissed when my real face shows up instead)

"I have now completed all my Match Profile questions." (Translation: So you can know the answer to your burning question - what was the last book I read)

"Good luck with you search." (The safest, least desperate sounding, but really? what's the point.)

"I really felt we had potential. I'd like you to reconsider." (Barf.)

"I think if we met, you might have different feelings about who I am." (Please refer to $L#4's post below to see how ALL WOMEN would feel about receiving this response).

Slammed between a rock and a hard place, I selected option 4, vommed in my mouth a little, and hit send. For a site who boasts strong communication between its members, the choices are quite limited!

xo,
$L#1

No comments:

Post a Comment