Wednesday, March 3, 2010

$ingle Lady #1: Maybe eHarmz is on to something?

Date numero dos with lawyerboy was a rousing success despite all the odds.

The Odds:

1) We went for sushi, which is universally recognized as the worst and most awkward date food ever, falling immediately behind giant cloves of garlic smothered in raw onions.

2) We had to wait a few minutes for our table and had a glass of wine at the bar. I hadn’t finished mine by the time we sat down so I brought it to the table. He ordered a bottle, which came while I was still demurely sipping my glass and I ended up double fisting different types of pinot grigio. So, I asked the waiter for a funnel, which he could not produce.

3) Again, with the morbid throw-my-body-in-the-river comments! Ugh, I can’t shake them. This time, he initiated most, so apparently, he’s into it. Foreshadow?

4) I don’t know anything about lawyering, and thus, couldn’t muster authentic awe when he told me then name of his law firm. In my defense, I told him this up front, and then feigned mock excitement before promptly forgetting it.

5) He told me he considered running for President but can’t because of his last name. Follow up question is, of course, what is it? (I was ready with a solid “that’s what she said” line, assuming what would follow was something totally inappropriate). Alas, it’s just complicated, and as he put it, Presidents have easy last names to remember. He’s totally right, because I couldn’t remember it (even though I promised to vote for him), and am currently employing my superb internet stalking skillz to Google the archives of his college’s athletic website to find it (Interim pause…success! Damn I'm good at this). That’s a super awkward thing to have to ask someone twice…

The Despite:

Date #3 scheduled for actual Date Night. I believe it involves us embarking on a college-style-because-I-can-drink-you-under-the-table-themed bar crawl. And you thought I was becoming a grown up…

Count it. 4 days, 3 $ingle Ladies, 4 dates. There's an equation in there somewhere that maybe lends itself to the success of this Internet Dating thing after all?

Xo,
$ingle Lady #1

No comments:

Post a Comment