Monday, March 1, 2010

$ingle lady #4 is in a $lump

I think its safe to say that this $ingle lady is in a eHarmz $lump. I think I realized it this week as I was perusing my matches, and I noticed that I had looked through them all and had maybe only received 2 new matches this week. Maybe I am quick to judge, but I've only been on eHarmz for a week and I think I could say I am disappointed? I mean I have one promising match in Leo (more on him later) but I have found that overall I am being paired with people who are too old, boring, or unattractive.

Even if you are 35 and say that the age difference doesn't matter, it does! Clearly if you are on eHarmz at age 35 you are looking for wife material. At age 24, I am not ready to be anyones wifey just yet. Not to mention the difference in life experience and standing is just too much and would cause problems. Secondly, I admit that eHarmz can be overwhelming to maintain, but if you are paying to subscribe to the service at least put some effort into it. Numerous matches have responded to my questions with blah answers or not even answering with the question with a "oh that's a tough one..." How am I supposed to get to know you or like you if you can't even definitively answer a question?

As a result, I've started to employ the ignore game. I just haven't advanced to the next level of communication with several of the matches after their boring responses, hoping they don't come after me again. Their profile pictures were just so-so and I kept them around to see what they had to say as far as my compelling questions. But alas, no dice. I receive mediocre answers at best that do not excite me nor make me want to get to know them any better. It's too rude to close them as a match but I will just keep them sitting in my Communicating folder for now hoping that they will disappear.

I am happy to report that Leo and I have advanced to communication outside of eHarmz! We started to exchange gmails this week and even moved to gchat. I was sure to use some of those handy gflirting tips from $ingle lady #2. It was a busy last week for me, but we are planning on meeting up this week for a drink. I have found that we have similar interests and backgrounds through our conversation (and some facebook stalking). But this is my only hopeful eHarmz match thus far, so will report back and give my date grade later this week.

Also, I'm starting to really question these 29 "Dimensions of Compatibility" that eHarmz apparently matches you on. I was paired with a guy this week who had written his profile in some other language (pig latin I think) and never drank. I'm no boozeface, but I enjoy a good drink at the end of the week. Already we are not compatible. Not to mention I can't even decipher this:

The three things which taylor is most thankful for:
  • ftthtyhsrtysrtysrt
  • ysrtysrtysrtysrty
  • srtystreysertysertyserty
Incidentally I just received an email from eHarmz telling me how I can "score" more matches (incidentally it is also telepathic). These two suggestions caught my interest as they just sound completely ridiculous:

Distance – If your match distance setting is at 30 or 60 miles, you may not receive matches who live 31 or 61 miles from you. We recommend setting your match distance settings to at least 120 miles to ensure you get as many quality matches as possible. I'm really not interested in traveling 120 miles to find the man of my dreams.

Drinking Preference – Relaxing this setting to 'a few times a year' or more can greatly expand your qualified matching pool. Someone who has a glass of wine occasionally at dinner or sips champagne on New Year's Eve may have classified themselves as a "drinker" – yet be acceptable to you. WHOA. So are you saying that I'm an alcoholic eHarmz for drinking "several times a week"??? I don't mind if someone doesn't drink but if I want to go out on a Saturday night and he doesn't want to because he "doesn't drink", then are we really compatible eHarmz? Also, typical first dates now are "meet for a drink." What are we going to do, meet up for "conversation?"

Hopefully I can restore my faith in eH this week after my date with Leo and hopefully some new, promising matches. Until then, it is in the doghouse.

xo,
$lumpy $ingle Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment