Tuesday, January 5, 2010

$ingle lady #2: Fantasy vs. reality - the eternal struggle

This morning I awoke to the smell of beef stew (roomie J got a crock pot for Christmas) as well as my now expected 10 new eHarmony matches. My list of men now waiting to hear from me has reached 21 (one named Lenwood??), but I'm focusing on the good ones for now. I've reached open communication with Jay as well as M2, and he impressed me by simply quoting Christmas Vacation instead of simply answering my "What is your favorite Christmas movie?" question. Also it says his occupation is the "Washington Nationals" and I've always had a goal of dating an MLB player (although Tiger Woods is making me rethink this dream). However I was reminded that Jay could be anything from a star shortstop to the bat boy to the guy who presses "play" for the at-bat music (the middle of the Nat's lineup has some GREAT tunes, namely 'In the air tonight' by Phil Collins).


But more on the title of this entry. For the past few months I was presented with this struggle each Sunday (and Thursday and Monday): do I root for Ricky Williams since he is my #2 fantasy football running back, or against him since he is playing the Jets? Now that the fantasy season is over (and I took home my disappointing second place cash prize), I am still pondering the issue when it comes to dating. In only 3 days I've created a fantasy/cyber dating life for myself. But what about the boys I am also pursuing in real life? Which player do I root for? Someone who I've actually met and know that I like, or a mysterious 25 year old who said something clever in his "About me" and is looking for the girl of his dreams?

<3


SLnumero2

4 comments:

  1. If y'all don't fork over the cash and buy these memberships, I'll be sad.

    Vive la awkward of online dating and therefore, blog material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for the love of christ, now I have read it all. A fantasy football-dating analogy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with the above person. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boo! the other above person there was only one when I left my comment!

    ReplyDelete