Thursday, January 7, 2010

$ingle lady #2: Oh thank God, I'm shallow again

Yesterday I thought, this is really nice. I'm totally finding out which guys I think are funny, interesting, etc. without knowing what they look like. I'm going to be a new woman this decade!! ...But then, I got the photos. Sheesh, eHarmony. Has anyone heard of this dating site (they've been kicking people out for gaining too much weight over the holidays): http://beautifulpeople.com/. Their tagline: "No more filtering through unattractive people on mainstream sites." Yeah, RUB IT IN.

Good news though, one guy, Ben aka Starfish, is SLAMPIECE (word of the day). Roomie J had this to say:

J: omg he is SO hot
J: he has that nice aryan race quality to him
J: i also like his cup of beer. to show his fun side.
J: ok i'm going and then to the gym. and then home to look at ben
J: he looks like he could carry our tv stand with one arm

Yah...we like Ben. Tonight I went bowling (whee!) with some friends, and they informed me that for tonight's post I wasn't allowed to put up pictures of the ugly guys. Awww shoot, really!? I suggested next, what about a matching game? Match the guys to their pics, like the dreaded test question style when you weren't prepared for an AP history test and the teacher told you that each choice could be used more than once or not at all. Again I was told that no, these guys weren't permitting their photos to be used for my blog, blah blah blah. Fine. I thought the charm of $L2's posts were that I'm just a tad mean. I guess the multiple choice photos would cross the line.

Nighty night, love #2

1 comment:

  1. being superficial is rule #1 for online dating. i tried match.com (which is basically eharm for whores. regrets.) and tried to be open-minded and accepting and give the guys the benefit of the doubt. but, really? attraction is so. key. you're not on the site to make new friends, you're there to find someone with whom you can be friends AND have some sexy time (like my grammar? yep, thought so). you should probably also slide the dial up to the max on the Importance of Attractiveness Scale.

    ReplyDelete