Friday, January 8, 2010

$ingle lady #2: eHarmz judges me

This morning I discovered an unassuming little tab called "Reports" on my eH homepage. What's this, I wonder. Looks like the results of my personality profile...turns out the 100's of questions I answered didn't just disappear into cyberspace on a mission to find me the perfect man. Here it is for me to see - sort of a glorified Myers-Briggs. I begin with "Agreeableness" and can't believe how much I think it sounds like me. I've been classified as "Taking care of yourself" rather than "Taking care of others," and words to describe me include "frank," "critical" and "skeptical" (in case there is any doubt, I am thrilled at these results...I'm not sure when I decided it was my goal in life to be totally cauloused). I go on to read about the "general description of how you interact with others," and it's pretty much a summary of my political beliefs:

"See, at heart you believe deeply in personal freedom and individual responsibility. You think it is vital that people learn to take care of themselves so that they don't become dependent upon others. You believe that actions have consequences, and people need to accept the consequences of their actions if they are to learn from their mistakes and grow. You believe you wouldn't be doing anyone a favor if you lift someone out of trouble; they will never learn to lift themselves up if you keep rescuing them."

Sorry, sorry, don't stop following the blog because I'm a
crazy Repub.

Moving on...there are 5 domains and 2 others were expected - apparently I am "focused" and not "flexible," and "outgoing" as opposed to "reserved." But THEN I keep going and eH thinks that I am...gasp..."open-minded" and "emotional?" WTF, eHarmony, you are ruining my self-worth. I want to be icy and tough, and this just sounds like fluffy bunnies running through a field of daiseys. Blah.

- $L2

1 comment:

  1. Why does your general behavioral description (which is right on, by the way, except they didn't mention that you are quite clever and cheeky!) begin with "see"?! Do they think they are breaking this enlightening news to you gently? Or maybe the people at eH speak like those guys in early 20t century films....

    ReplyDelete