Thursday, January 7, 2010

$ingle lady #2: He's just not that into you

Many people are aware that I don't like (most) chick flicks...or, I tend to yell throughout the movie pointing out plot holes, etc. Meanwhile, The Terminator clearly is a perfectly woven storyline that is completely plausible and fool-proof. So, needless to say, I did not see "He's Just Not That Into You." However, I do have this book on my bookshelf and was enlightened by it many moons ago. The theme of the book is actually so anti-chick flick: if he's not calling you (and a slew of other things), guess what, he doesn't like you. That's it. No "his mom didn't love him enough so he's afraid to get close," "he's really superstitious and hates the number 7 so he can't dial my phone number," or any other excuse that we girls lay awake at night dreaming up.

eHarmz is actually a great lesson in HJNTIY. If someone doesn't like you, they close communication. Sure you can indicate "Our values are too different" or "I think the physical distance between us is too great" (which I was informed actually had to do with location, not inequality in your physical appearances...). But overall, that's just it. I'm not going to lose sleep over a closed communication, or go out for coffee with my friends to discuss what Matt from Arlington could have possibly meant by "OTHER." Maybe it's because I'm only in the beginning stages...I'm sure if I had months of witty banter with someone via eH messages and awoke one morning to find he was "Pursuing another match at eHarmony" I might feel a twinge of disappointment. But when you think that you never would have known these guys** even existed in the first place, it's hard to get too bent out of shape about it.

**As a sidenote, several guys I know like to use the term "broads" when talking about girls, which I find amusing. I've been trying to think of the boy equivalent of "broad" but I can't. Dude? Lad? Feller? Bloke? Suggestions welcome.

Big gulps eh? Welp, seee ya later!
-Single Lady #2

1 comment:

  1. c'mon...you've gone farther than the boroughs for love... ;)

    ReplyDelete